CHCCS400C - Scenario: Mandy Picking Up Sue-Lyn As Parents Late - Procedure Involved

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
danielle123

CHCCS400C - Scenario: Mandy Picking Up Sue-Lyn As Parents Late - Procedure Involved

Post by danielle123 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: chccs400c work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
presanthi and her husband jim have their child sue-lyn in your service presanthi and jim have not arrived to cllect sue-lyn at their usual time.A lady comes into the service later and says her name is mandy she tells you she is here to collect sue-lyn as both presanthi and jim are late home from work?
1. clearly explain what action you would take in this situation.detail all steps involed?
2.explain why you have taken these action to the education and care services nationl law and regulations duty of care parental responsibility and service policies and procedures?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. 1.ask mandy to take a seat while i check if you are on sue-lyns paper work
2.try and contact the parents
3.if neither answer and mandy is not on the papaer work to be able to pick sue-lyn up i tell mandy i can not release sue-lyn to her

2. i have taken these actions because i dont know mandy and she could be takeing sue-lyn without parents permission

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CHCCS400C - Scenario: Mandy Picking Up Sue-Lyn As Parents Late - Procedure Involved

Post by Kaz » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:46 am

all the above sounds about right, I'd also ask other staff member on duty if they know 'mandy' and if she's pick up or dropped off the child before, and also have the other staff member keep a eye on the child (if not stay near them) as you don't know what type of person this is or if they are there for other reasons.

If she's not on the paper work and you do get hold of the parents and they say it's ok I'd still take her id and copy it for the records in case she ever need to put the child up again, and next time the parents are in have them ok her as a person that can pick up the child.