assignment: CHCECE003 Provide care for children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
happy29

assignment: CHCECE003 Provide care for children

Post by happy29 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:34 pm

hi
i m really stuck into these question . i try to do these question into three times but my assessor suggest me to resubmit it again. so anybody give me some ideas to do it
1) When setting up outdoor activities for children, what considerations need to be made in regards to weather? Identify two considerations.
Ans: 1. Children must play in shades to keep safe from sun burn.
2. They must wear hat when playing outside.
3. Before going outside they put sunscreen on and having sun protected clothes on.
outdoor spaces for children can have separate play spaces to allow children to play individually or in small groups, and engage in quiet or loud play scenarios. Some spaces you may like to provide include:
 Cubby houses/ tents
 A sensory garden
 A space for sustainable water play
 Places for children and adults to gather and for group discussion
 Spaces for gross motor play and ball games
 A rainy day does not have to mean the children have to remain indoors – raincoats and gum boots can be the start of a great adventure. Shaded areas are important for children to play outside safely on hot days. Consider real rather than artificial grass.

i try to do it this way but my assessor said me to add this thing in tha answer
Case Study 5/ Q7 – consider the different types of weather you must consider when setting up outdoors

2. Outline two ways that you could include the children in the creation of a new transition within their daily routine.
Ans: You can gather the children together before each meal time and explain what types of food is available... "This morning for morning tea we have a fruit platter with oranges, pears, bananas and grapes. There are also mini cucumber, tomato and cheese sandwiches." Then you could ask each child what types of food they like, who is ready to go and eat etc. Then they go to the bathroom wash their hands for their meal. Explaining to the children the types of food available will get them interested and hungry to go and eat.

- You can play a specific song during meal times to indicate to the children that its time to eat. As the song finishes the meal time is over. Since meal time could take upto 45 minutes it's probably best to get a classical piece, nature sounds, soothing music etc.
Transitions for children are integrated across several NQS Quality Areas, including
QA 5: Relationships with children and
QA 6: Collaborative partnerships with families and
communities.
The National Quality Standard places legal obligations on services to form positive relationships with children to best support children’s well-being, learning and development
my answer is this for this question but my assessor
said to add some more into it

the question is asking you how you would INVOLVE the children in creating a new transition –( how would you know what they think ) I would encourage you to access the booklet from the PSC Alliance How to series, ‘Plan effective transitions for children in education and care services’, LINK 58.

3. 4. Identify the policies and procedures, under the National Quality Framework, an education and care service must have in place that will help guide your actions in this situation.
Ans: 1. Proving A safe environment to child
2. Determining the presence of responsible person.
3. Dealing to the medical condition of children.
National Regulations: Regulations 90–91
An approved service must have a policy for managing medical conditions which sets out practices in relation to the following:
• the management of medical conditions
• if a child enrolled has a specific health care need, allergy or relevant medical condition, procedures requiring parents to provide a medical management plan
• requiring the development of a risk minimisation plan in consultation with the child’s parents
• requiring the development of a communications plan for staff members and parents.

MY answer is this but my assessor need to add this thing into it but i m really stuuck

You are required to state the centre policies that the scenario is related to the scenario For example Hygiene policy as the staff will be working with soiled clothing and accidents Please add to your answer with more policies.PLEASE STATE THE POLICIES

thanks
aman

Lorina

Re: assignment: CHCECE003 Provide care for children

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi Aman,

Happy to help you with your questions, just quickly do you have access to policies? Are you currently working or doing work placement? Just so I know what resources you have access to or not...

:geek:,
Lorina

happy29

Post by happy29 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:57 am

hi lorina
thanks for helping . i m just doing work placement.
thanks

happy29

Post by happy29 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:58 am

hi lorina
thanks for helping . i m just doing work placement.
thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:23 pm

No problem Aman.

The links I provided above will help you to answer your questions.

In regards to the Policies and Procedures at your centre, you will have a Policy and Procedure Manual which will list all the Policies within the service. You can go through them and list the ones you see fit for your response.

Lorina

happy29

Post by happy29 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:45 pm

thanks lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:52 pm

You're welcome!!

Lorina