Graduated from my Bachelors...

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Stacey Louise

Graduated from my Bachelors...

Post by Stacey Louise » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi there,

I am completing a course called, 'Bachelor of Arts - Pathway to Teaching birth-12years'. I have already obtained my certificate 3 in children's services in 2011 and have worked in the industry for approx 5yrs.
I have recently graduated from my Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in early childhood. I am currently working in an early childhood setting as 'working towards ECT', therefore I am paid at a diploma level. Since I have graduated the bachelor of arts degree, does my pay go up anymore? Also, does my pay go up every year that I've worked in the childcare industry? I'm currently on level 4.3 - I'm a preschool assistant employed as the centre's 'ECT'.

Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Graduated from my Bachelors...

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:19 am

In regards to your pay going up you are already paid the highest in the Diploma Level which is 4.3. Unfortunately your wages will not increase at this stage until you complete your ECT degree, become a 2IC,a director. Even as an ECT, you start at a Level and work your way up. Also, with the ECT wage, you get paid as a yearly salary as it's a different award since you are a qualified teacher. So instead of being on the Children's Services Award 2010, the award is the Educational Services Teachers Award 2010.

I'm adding the award here for your reference:

Educational Services Teachers Award 2010

If you are looking to increase your wages, you may have to consider looking for a director position or working as a casual. With your qualification you are more than suitable to be a director you just to need to learn the ins and outs of being a director... Another option to consider...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina