The Nip Allergies In The Bub is a website which provides practical information to Parents and Professionals about when and how to introduce the common allergy-causing foods as well as how to optimise eczema management for allergy prevention.
The website includes food ideas, videos and infographics to assist parents.
It also houses information for professionals working with children including free online training courses such as:
- Food allergy prevention e-training
- ASCIA guide for introduction of peanut to infants with severe eczema and/or food allergy
- ASCIA guidelines for infant feeding and allergy prevention
- NHMRC infant feeding guide for health professionals
- ASCIA infant feeding and allergy prevention clinical update
- ASCIA Action Plans and Treatment Plans
- ASCIA guidelines for adrenaline autoinjector prescription
- Anaphylaxis resources
- Event record for allergic reactions
- Dietary avoidance information sheets
- Food allergy e-training
- Anaphylaxis e-training
The National Allergy Strategy received funding from the Australian government to implement a food allergy prevention project based on the ASCIA guidelines for infant feeding and allergy prevention.
For more information: Food Allergy Prevention
"Nip Allergies In The Bub - Project Launch", Australasian Society Of Clinical Immunology and And Allergy, 13 September 2018