Feel Good Feb is dedicated to saying thanks, expressing gratitude, promoting good deeds and random acts of kindness.
Here are some ideas on implementing Feel Good February with Children and Educators within your service.
- Implement the Kindness Curriculum
- Thank the Children for helping throughout the day
- Give each child a Garden Of Kindness
- Set up a garden with families planting a seed on the day the child starts.
- Thank another Educator who you appreciate
- Be a good listener
- Offer your help to someone
- Remember others’ birthdays and important events, and celebrate them!
- Host an Educator Award ceremony.
- Give all Educators a Certificate Of Appreciation
- Have an Educator Shout Out Wall
- Have a Joke Wall
- Hold a monthly meet up with all Educators outside of the service
- Swap shifts for Educators who have important celebrations coming up
- Keep spare woman essentials such as pads/tampons, Panadol, heat rub etc in a cupboard that woman can easily access
- in times of needs.
- Support one another.
- Welcome new Educators with a welcome basket.
- Have fresh fruit/lollies available in the staff room for Educators to help themselves.
- Create an inspiration/motivation wall in the staff room.
- Step in and offer help to Educators having a "off day".
- Make someone's day by completing a Random Act of Kindness or Pay it forward.
- Donate unwanted books, toys or clothes to children in need.
- Say thank you to Teachers, Parents and friends.
- Help a friend in need (if they are feeling sad offer a hug).
- Play with younger children at the service.
- Draw or paint a picture for someone special.
- Plant a seed to grow in the centre garden.
- Take care of room pets.
- Hold a friends hand when they are feeling angry or scared.
- Be thankful for what you have!
Both Children and Educators need to be acknowledged and thanked and feel good February is a perfect time to start!
Feel Good February