Feel Good Feb is dedicated to saying thanks, expressing gratitude, and promoting good deeds and random acts of kindness.
Here are some ideas on implementing Feel Good February with Children and Educators within your service.
- Implement the Kindness Curriculum
- Thank the Children for helping throughout the day
- Give each child a Garden Of Kindness
- Set up a garden with families planting a seed on the day the child starts.
- Thank another Educator who you appreciate
- Be a good listener
- Showing Kindness Posters - The Showing Kindness Posters display colourful images in different ways children can show kindness. It's important to include and encourage kindness every day in the learning environment and these posters are visual cues hugely helpful in reinforcing acts of kindness.
- Offer your help to someone
- Remember others’ birthdays and important events, and celebrate them!
- Host an Educator Award ceremony.
- Give all Educators a Certificate Of Appreciation
- Have an Educator Shout Out Wall
- Have a Joke Wall
- Hold a monthly meet-up with all Educators outside of the service
- Swap shifts for Educators who have important celebrations coming up
- Keep spare woman essentials such as pads/tampons, Panadol, heat rub etc in a cupboard that woman can easily access
- in times of need.
- Support one another.
- Welcome new Educators with a welcome basket.
- Have fresh fruit/lollies available in the staff room for Educators to help themselves.
- Encouraging Kindness in Young Children - Teach children to develop kindess and the importance of being kind.
- Create an inspiration/motivation wall in the staff room.
- Step in and offer help to Educators having a "off day".
- Make someone's day by completing a Random Act of Kindness or Pay it forward.
- Teaching Gratitude To Children - Gratitude helps the child to relish good memories and gives strength to fight with all the odds and adversity in life. The following article provides information on the Benefits of Learning Gratitude, Strategies To Teach Children Gratitude and more.
- Display Positive Affirmation Posters - . Positive affirmations are used to create a positive and supportive environment by encouraging children and Educators to be supportive of one another. Affirmations develop an atmosphere where it is the norm to acknowledge and affirm positive behaviours, thoughts and actions.
- Encouraging Phrases Posters - The Encouraging Phrases Posters are examples of encouraging phrases you could use with children throughout the day. These can be displayed within the service as a reminder of positive phrases for Educators to reinforce to children.
- Donate unwanted books, toys or clothes to children in need.
- Say thank you to Teachers, Parents and friends.
- Help a friend in need (if they are feeling sad offer a hug).
- Play with younger children at the service.
- Draw or paint a picture for someone special.
- Plant a seed to grow in the centre garden.
- Take care of room pets.
- Hold a friends hand when they are feeling angry or scared.
- Be thankful for what you have!
- Positive Affirmation Flashcards With Pictures - Give each child their own set of positive affirmation cards that they can use daily.
Both Children and Educators need to be acknowledged and thanked and feel good February is a perfect time to start!
Feel Good February