Character traits are all the aspects of behaviour and attitudes that make up your personality, morals, ethics and beliefs.
They can also help you make decisions that align with your morals and beliefs. For example, you might identify with being courageous, and as a result, you might be more daring in standing up for what you believe in or making a tough decision.
Knowing your character traits can support you to develop them further and use them to your advantage in your resume, in your job interview and more.
The following provides a list of positive character traits you can use:
- Adventurous: I take risks.
- Ambitious: I am driven to succeed.
- Approachable: I work well with others.
- Articulate: I can express myself well in front of groups.
- Autonomous: I use initiative.
- Calm: I stay levelheaded in a crisis.
- Charismatic: I can be a leader when need be.
- Cheerful: I develop a positive work environment.
- Clever: I can juggle multiple tasks.
- Competitive: I thrive under pressure.
- Compassionate: I express sympathy for others.
- Confident: I am not afraid to ask questions.
- Conscientious: I take purposeful action and fulfil duties.
- Cooperative: I get along well in a team setting.
- Courteous: I care about the workplace atmosphere.
- Creative: I think outside the box.
- Curious: I am eager to learn.
- Courageous: I accept challenges. Determined: I am self-motivated.
- Devoted: I am committed to the company’s success.
- Diligent: I always work my hardest.
- Disciplined: I work hard and stay on task.
- Easygoing: I easily adapt to new situations.
- Educated: I possess formal training.
- Efficient: I complete tasks fast and stay on track.
- Eloquent: I have strong communication skills.
- Energetic: I am able to work long and hard hours.
- Enthusiastic: I put my all into every project.
- Flexible: I am able to adapt my priorities.
- Focused: I am goal-oriented.
- Friendly: I am easy to work with.
- Honest: I value integrity.
- Humble: I am modest
- Imaginative: I am inventive in my work process.
- Independent: I need little direction.
- Inquisitive: I am excellent at gathering information.
- Insightful: I can read between the lines.
- Intuitive: I can sense when there is a problem.
- Loyal: I am supportive of the team.
- Meticulous: I pay attention to the small details.
- Open-minded: I take constructive criticism well.
- Organized: I am a meticulous planner.
- Patient: I am not easily ruffled.
- Perceptive: I can read people effortlessly.
- Procedural: I work best with structure.
- Punctual: I have great time management skills.
- Quiet: I am a great listener.
- Relaxed: I do not stress easily.
- Resourceful: I use every tool at hand.
- Responsible: I always finish a task on time.
- Technological: I am industrially savvy.
Personality Traits For The Workplace, Monster Canada
Character Traits Definition and Examples, Indeed