Instil sustainable practices in children with this simple trash sorting activity.
- A4 paper in red, yellow, blue, green
- Stickers of objects/elements to sort into bins
What to do:
- Draw a recycling bin on each different coloured paper:
- waste on red
- mixed recycling on yellow
- paper/cardboard on blue
- organics on lime green
- Cut each bin shape out.
- Match the stickers/objects to the correct recycling bin.
Hints and Tips:
- Laminate each bin picture.
- Laminate the stickers.
- Use catalogues to cut out pictures of objects.
- Instead of drawing a recycling bin on paper, you can use coloured boxes instead.
- Encourage children to recycle at home/school.
Earth Day Trash Sorting, Little Montessori House, 6 March 2019