Use scrap paper or newspaper and coloured paints to create beautiful, colourful hand made paper.
- photo frames
- rubber bands
- window netting
- staple gun
- acrylic paints
- scrap paper/newspaper
- plastic bin/trough
What to Do:
- Remove the glass from frames
- Cut window netting to the same size as the frame, using the staple gun, staple it to the flat side around each frame.
- With the flat sides together, sandwich another frame on top with rubber bands.
- Tear up scrap paper or old newspaper
- Add 3/4 blender full of water and add acrylic paint.
- Blend together for about 40 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a small trough.
- Scoop the pulp onto the stapled screen frame.
- Remove the top frame and place another window netting screen on top.
- Press down excess water with a sponge/paper towel.
- Remove the top screen and gently remove the paper.
- Place the handmade paper onto a newspaper surface and iron it between dry pieces of newspaper and a press cloth.
- Once dry, handmade paper can be used.
Hints and Tips:
- Let the handmade paper dry overnight rather than iron it.
- Add flower petals/leaves to add texture to the paper.
- Add glitter to the paper
- Use a variety of different coloured paints to create coloured paper
Montano, Mark "How To Make Paper", Youtube, 18 October 2014