An easy science experiment that uses simple ingredients to form salt crystals.
- PVA glue
- food colouring
- salt crystals
What to do:
- Pour 2 tbsp of PVA glue into a bowl.
- Add a squirt of food colouring.
- Mix the glue and food colouring together.
- Add 3 tbsp of crystal salt.
- Mix together.
- Using your hands, create a rock shape.
- Dab PVA glue on top of the rock you created.
- Put it in a tray.
- Sprinkle coloured glitter on top.
- Leave for 24 hrs to dry.
Hints and Tips:
- These work really well! The longer you leave them the harder they become.
- Add them to clear jars and call them fairy rocks.
- After mixing salt and PVA glue together, be quick to form your rocks.
- Experiment with using less PVA glue more salt or less salt and more glue to see what happens. Compare these results with each other.