Count, sort and organise coins using this simple activity.
- Spare change
- A piggy bank (or a large jar with a lid)
What to do:
- Give your child any spare change and encourage them to put it in their own piggy bank.
- Once the piggy bank is full, dump all the coins out and teach your child how to sort the coins.
- Help your child to stack the coins or roll the coins around (be careful not to lose any).
- Once you have sorted the coins your child can drop them into coin bags.
- Decide whether you want your child to save the money or buy a small item of their choice.
Hints and Tips:
- A great way to begin to teach your child how to save money and learn about money.