A fizzling science experience that creates art during a chemical reaction.
What you need:
- A4 Paper
- Food colouring
- Baking Soda
- Small Cups (one for each colour)
What to do:
- Lay the A4 sheet of paper onto the tray.
- Cover it with baking soda.
- Add 2 tbsp of vinegar with a drop of food colouring into small cups (one for each colour).
- Use an eye dropper to squirt food colouring on top of the baking soda.
- Experiment with lots of colours.
- When finished, brush of baking soda to see "art" underneath.
Hints and Tips:
- Hear the fizz and see the reaction when adding the vinegar to the baking soda.
- Create small volcano art by piling baking soda into a small pile before adding vinegar.
- Experiment with adding more/less baking soda and more/less vinegar
- Easy for children to do by themselves