Use chairs to create an obstacle course for a crawling baby.
- Chairs (4 or 5 should do).
- 3-4 sheets to cover the chairs.
What to do:
- Use the chairs to make a tunnel. You could line them up in a row or move them around to make twists and turns.
- Completely cover the chairs with sheets.
- Encourage your baby to crawl under the chairs, through the tunnel you have made.
Hints and Tips:
- Lay an object under one of the chairs, ask your baby to find it and bring it to you.
- Add pillows for your baby to crawl over.
- Stay at the end of the tunnel and call your baby’s name, so they will come to you.
- Use heavier blankets over some of the chairs to make it darker. Add glow sticks.
- Shine a flashlight through the tunnel while your baby is crawling through.
- Great idea to play on a rainy day.
- The more chairs you use, the bigger the tunnel will be. Take some chairs into the garden and set up this game on the grass.
- Remember to check the surroundings for anything that may harm your child.