Using words that corresponds with each letter of the alphabet based on a category.
- Pencil and paper for each child playing.
What to do:
- Before you start, help the child write down each letter of the alphabet down the side of the paper.
- Think of a category example: foods, animals, clothing, etc. The child will need to think of a word from that category that corresponds with each letter.
- The child may have difficulty with spelling but they could write the way they think its spelt. You could help them with the spelling or they could even draw a picture.
Hints and Tips:
- To make it more challenging, add an egg timer for a fast paced game.
- Great to play with a large group of children. Split the groups into two teams and have a race to see which team finishes first. For each correct answer, 2 points. Team with the most, wins.