- Crepe paper (different colours, cut into squares)
- Spray bottles (filled with water)
- Cardboard paper
- Black marker pens
What to do:
- Cut crepe paper into squares.
- Ask children to cover their page in crepe paper squares and spray onto of the squares with water, so they stick.
- Put the finished pages in a tray in the sun to dry.
- Remove any excess crepe paper that hasn’t fallen off by itself.
- On a separate piece of cardboard paper, have each child draw a portrait of themselves.
- Cut around the portraits and use glue to attach to the colourful crepe rainbow backgrounds.
Hints and Tips:
- Use newspaper to draw the self-portraits, then cut and stick on the rainbow backgrounds.
- Children could paint the backgrounds using water colours, spray painting etc.
- Children can draw directly on the rainbow background once crepe paper is removed and only the print remains.