A great way to recycle cereal boxes and have children create themselves using recycled materials.
- cereal boxes
- white primer and a small roller
- acrylic craft paint
- wool for hair
What to do:
- First, you need to prepare the cereal boxes by covering them with white paint so the images and labels won't be shown under the child's portrait.
- Next encourage the child to use the front of the box to draw their facial features such as eyes, mouth, nose etc.
- Stick additional features on the box such as wool for hair to finish the portraits.
- Display them for all to see.
Hints and Tips:
- Instead of painting the cereal boxes, you can cover them in one-sided white paper instead.
- Add glitter, pom poms, collage materials for children to use.
- Parents can bring recycled materials from home to share.