For preschool children, get them to create their own graduation owl as a keepsake of their preschool graduation.
- coloured paper
- white paper
- black marker
What to do:
- Collect all your materials.
- On a coloured piece of paper, draw and cut out an owl body.
- Stick the owl body onto another coloured paper which will be the the background.
- Using the white paper cut out two circles for the owl eyes and stick them on the owl face.
- With orange paper, cut out a triangle for the owl's beak and 2 bird feet. Stick these onto the owl.
- Select a paint colour and paint each of the child's hands. Using their painted hands make 2 hand prints onto a separate piece of white paper.
- Wait for the hand prints to dry and cut them owl.
- Stick the hand prints on either side of the owl body as the wings.
- Write above the owl "Look Whoooo's Graduating".
- Write below the owl "Watch me fly".
The owl is now complete!
Hints and Tips:
- Once the owl is complete is can be framed and laminated and given to the child as an end of year gift.
- Use different coloured paper to create colourful background for the owl.
- Child can directly do each hand print on the paper.
- Use googly eyes instead of cutting out paper.