Create a simple pen holder for Dad, this Father's Day!
- a can/box
- decoration items (glitter tape, paints, crepe paper, textas, etc).
- a few puzzle pieces (to trace)
- paddle pop stick
- sticky tape
What to do:
- Decorate the can/box which will be the pencil holder. The child can choose any materials that they wish to use to make the pencil holder colourful and bright.
- Using the puzzles pieces, trace around them on a piece of cardboard.
- Get child to decorate/colour them in using paint, glitter, collage materials etc.
- Cut these puzzle pieces out.
- Using sticky tape stick the puzzle pieces around the can/box. With a paddle pop stick, stick a big puzzle piece on it and write "Love You To Pieces" and attach it to the back of the can/box. Add pens etc. to the pen holder.
- Present it to dad as a gift!
Hints and Tips:
- It doesn't have to look "pretty" as this is a simple craft that can be done by toddlers. Let the child complete it as they wish.
- The sticky tape may fall off as you stick the puzzle pieces to the can so you can use glue instead.
- Instead of making a pen holder, you can use the same idea and create a frame/wall hanging.