Children can collect flowers and leaves to pound to make colourful prints.
- White fabric (these can be pre cut into different shapes etc).
- Wooden board
- Old newspaper
- Hammer or mallet
- Flowers and leaves
What to do:
- Get children to collect different flowers, leaves and grasses etc.
- Lay down a wooden board and place a sheet of newspaper on top.
- Arrange the flowers and leaves collected on the newspaper.
- Cover the arrangement with white fabric.
- Use the hammer to pound the fabric (Observe what happens as you pound the different areas of the fabric).
- Remove the fabric and brush off remaining pieces of flowers and leaves.
- Let the fabric dry.
Hints and Tips:
- Use muslin cloth
- Try leaf and flower pounding on white paper
- A plastic hammer can be used for younger children
- Display these leaf and flower prints around the room
- Use paper towel instead of white fabric
- Use the same technique to create cloth bags, t shirts for mothers day
Spring Banner from Leaf and Flower Prints, Buggy and Buggy