A great way to observe the different textures of leaf and flowers through print.
- Flowers and Leaves
- A rolling pin
- Paint brushes
What to do:
- Give each child a piece of clay.
- Encourage them to make different shapes with it and roll it flat.
- Each child selects a leaf/flower, places it onto the clay and gently use a rolling pin to press it into the clay for an imprint.
- Gently pull the leaf /flower off the clay.
- Allow the clay to dry overnight.
- Paint the leaf/flower imprint after the clay dries.
Hints and Tips:
- Turn it into a mobile or wind chimes by using a chopstick or skewer to poke a hole into the clay before it dries.
- Find a variety of different natural objects to imprint.
- Make your own clay if you don't have store bought.
- Great little gift to present to parents.
Clay Imprints with Plants and Flowers, Bright Ideas