Create dot art using cotton buds.
- A variety of coloured paints.
- 1 cotton bud/cotton swap for each of the coloured paints.
- Drawing Paper/ construction paper.
- Egg carton/paper plates/paint pots.
What to do:
- Place a blob of paint into an egg carton or on a paper plate. Add a cotton bud into each of the paints.
- Draw a simple picture on a piece of paper (flower, car, bird etc.).
- Show your child how they can fill in the picture by using the tip of the cotton bud to create dots.
Hints and Tips:
- Look through books of Aboriginal art and talk to your child about how the Aboriginals created their art by using dots.
- Create a dream time picture using specific colours (red, yellow, orange, black).
- Instead of using a cotton bud, your child can dip the tip of their finger into the paints to create their dotty art.
- You could also dip the back of the paintbrush into the paint to create the same spotty pattern.