Everyone has a phone and a very practical and easy gift for children to make is a DIY Mobile Holder. These can be given to dads on Father's Day and are very useful for dads to use at work or at home to hold their phones in. It's super simple to make and even babies and toddlers can decorate one for dad too! A great idea to gift dads this Father's Day.
- 1 toilet paper roll (per child)
- washi tape
- 4 push pins
- craft scissors
What To Do
- To outline the area where the phone will stand once the holder is complete, place your phone over the toilet paper roll and trace around it.
- Cut it out.
- Cover and decorate the roll with colourful washi tape.
- The washi take will cover the hole, you create for the phone to go inside. Using scissors, cut the washi tape from the hole.
- Now secure the roll with a few pushing pins at both ends and on both sides (just like some little feet). To prevent scratches on your phone, make sure the space between the pins at one end and the ones at the other is broader than your phone.
Hints and Tips
- If you are not using washi tape, the hole will not be covered so children just need to decorate the toilet role.
- Children can paint, glue coloured paper, draw, collage, add stickers anything they want to use to decorate it.
- Instead of adding push pins to the bottom as a stand, glue corks, and dice.
- For measuring the phone just use an educator's phone and make them all the same size if gifting these.
- On either side of the toilet paper add a paper cup - cut a hole in the paper cup and the toilet paper roll should slide in - do the same on the other side. Decorate these as well and they will become speakers!