Summer Farrelly is a 15-year-old Autistic Advocate where she had recently presented at the 2022 Australian Inclusive Schooling Conference. In this free webinar held on 21st June, Summer will be presenting the following topics covered including challenges autistic students face within the learning environment and identifying strategies that benefit the class as a whole, identifying and understanding autistic emotions and anxiety and more.
Topics that will be discussed in the webinar:
- The challenges autistic students face within the learning environment.
- How to develop understanding from the perspective of an autistic student
- Help to identify strategies that benefit the class as a whole.
- Help to understand different processing systems
- Help to develop the ability to recognise the difference between a meltdown and vs tantrum
- Help to identify and understand autistic emotions and anxiety
- Supports exploring the idea of ‘Connecting students with common interests.
Date and Time:
- LIVE: Date Tuesday 21 June 2022 7:30 PM - 8:15 PM (UTC+10)
- An on-demand replay will be available for one week following the live event.
There is no registration cost. It is free.
Summer Farrelly is a 15-year-old Autistic Advocate, Public speaker, Inclusion & Education Consultant, Artist, Chicken Whisperer, Animal Assisted Learning Program Creator & Facilitator, Animal Therapies LTD Ambassador, and the A-List Ambassador.
Summer has a late-diagnosed autistic mother and two autistic brothers. Summer believes their lived experience as an autistic individual and living within a family that consists of multiple autistic members, each with their own complexities, will provide both a relatable and diverse perspective.
For the last 5 years, Summer has been sharing their personal insight and the benefits of human and animal connection. Often stepping out of their comfort zone sharing vulnerable, raw, and real moments of life challenges faced by young autistic teens in the hope to educate and inspire others.
To register: Perspectives From An Autistic Student