How to find a job as a casual in childcare

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
amelia9

How to find a job as a casual in childcare

Post by amelia9 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi guys,

Last week I completed my Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care. Right now I am trying to find casual work for this month whilst I look for full time positions for early January, I have done numerous searches through seek and indeed looking for casual positions but I have seen alot of posts from BRC Recruitment and I have applied with them more than 2 times and still have not received any phone calls I have also done the same with anzuk and not sure why they don't provide the area's or the name of the centre's that are looking for casuals. What can I do to further expand on my search for casual work? I have searched within my area and it is very limited the most places that I get is atleast 30 mins by public transport and many casual positions in the city.

Lorina

Re: How to find a job as a casual in childcare

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:43 pm

At the moment it may be a little difficult to find work as most centres will be closing for a 2 week period over Christmas/New Year, so centres will be finishing up for the year. There are still services opened but these are very limited. You will have more luck probably within the New Year as centres start to re-open again.

You can also try seek, careerone and you could also try searching for a childcare agency who will also be able to assist you in finding work as well.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

AmberP

Re: How to find a job as a casual in childcare

Post by AmberP » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:08 pm

Hi, I'm in a similar situation right now. I got my diploma, but it doesn't guarantee a job. All that remains is to search, improve my knowledge, and believe that everything will be okay.