How many casual educators on the list??

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Clarence

How many casual educators on the list??

Post by Clarence » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi,

I just have started working as an casual educators to work between two small centres.

I was given three days this first week but I had to call the director today to tell her that I won’t be able to come in tomorrow since my child started having fever this late afternoon....

I felt awfully bad to tell her that, as I just have started this week.

My question is How many casual educators would you normally have for a small centre?? If they can’t find anyone to work, then what would they do?
My previous workplace often had problems when someone is sick because we only had one casual...

thanks

Lorina

Re: How many casual educators on the list??

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:31 pm

It's hard to say because obviously it differs for each centre may be for a small centre 2 or 3... if a casual can't be found there are ways to work around it, grouping rooms together, the Director will have to step in (for non-contact directors), if there is an onsite cook they will probably be asked to step into the room as well etc.

Don't feel bad... Directors know that a causal may not be available for work so they will have other options...

:geek;,
Lorina

Clarence

Post by Clarence » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:50 pm

Thank you Lorina, ok that’s good to know there are few options to cover the shift....
My previous work we had an issue for staffing and we couldn’t even get sick,, I really don’t like putting someone to inconvenience because of me.
Thank you for your reply, i think I need to change my habit 😓

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Yeah, it's hard sometimes... you can't help it...if you're a parent and your child is sick your priority is your child so you have to stay with them. If you get sick, you have to take a day off so you don't spread any infections to others at work... it's not fair that employers put pressure on employees... you get sick it happens!

:geek:,
Lorina