Diploma work as cert 111

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
thakshana
Participator
Participator

Diploma work as cert 111

Post by thakshana » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:03 am

Hi

I have Diploma and 2 years experience working in long day care services. I went for a job interview for Cert III educator position ( the centre is close to my home, the centre is really good, exceeded in all seven quality areas, educators are friendly, good care for children). There is no other position available. I really want to join in the centre. I don't know whether they take me as I have a diploma and it is cert 111 position. I don't mind getting paid cert 111 level.

Can you please advice? Are they allowed to take me to the cert 111 position, if I agree to work as cert 111 even though, I have diploma and 2 years experience? :)

milesandbos

Re: Diploma work as cert 111

Post by milesandbos » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 am

Technically you're over qualified for the role, but this is a positive in my opinion! As long as you make it clear that you would be happy with the lower wage I don't see a problem.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:21 am

Even though you do have a Diploma qualification, you can still work as an Assistant Educator even with your Diploma qualification. As for the wages, you will be paid more than a cert 3 qualified educator, however, less than a Diploma qualified room leader. In the Children's Services Award you will be at Level 3.4.

You can have a look at your minimum wage here:

Childcare Wages In Australia

:geek:,
Lorina

thakshana
Participator
Participator

Post by thakshana » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:21 am

Hi Lorina and others,
Thank you so much for your reply.