Casual Induction

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
aleks

Casual Induction

Post by aleks » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello,

I've recently had a brief phone interview regarding casual employment with a centre and have been invited to a group induction for a couple of hours at their admin office.
I don't know what to expect will happen. Is it a group interview, will we take turns answering questions? Or will it just be going over their policies, procedures and so on.
As it's not in a centre, what will we do? Scenarios, Role plays? I've been asked to bring quals, ID points, bank and super info, so did I already get the job or is it still depending on my performance on the day? It's sort of ambiguous in the invite letter.

This is Only About Children, does anyone have any experience working with the company?
TIA

Lorina

Re: Casual Induction

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:40 am

I haven't been to an induction but my understanding of an induction is to get you "set up" within the organisation. Get all your details, probably tell you about their organisation, go through policies and procedures, talk to you about becoming a casual and what the process it etc.

Sorry couldn't give you more information,

:geek:,
Lorina

aleks

Post by aleks » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks for the response Lorina,

really appreciate all your helpful information!

Cheers

Smitaps

Post by Smitaps » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:42 am

Hi Aleks

I know it's been a long time now but if you see this message can you please tell me how did it go? what was the induction all about?
I have the same induction in the coming days.

Thank you :wave: :wave: