workplacements

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
siuolatauveli

workplacements

Post by siuolatauveli » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:49 am

Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone could help me out in what i should say when calling childcare centres to take me in for prac.
so much appreciation for any help

Thanks

Lorina

Re: workplacements

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi,

I apologise for the delay... I just came back from Thredbo...

Anyways, when ringing centres you tell that you are a student currently studying your Diploma and you want to know if you would be able to do your prac there....

It's also a good idea to email your resume (even if you have had no experience) and a cover letter that explains that you're a student looking for a centre to do prac. Keep in mind the centres you email because after a couple of days you could ring each centre and follow up if they received your email and introduce yourself again over the phone...

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: workplacements

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Sorry forgot to mention... when you do get accepted at a centre, before you start it's also nice to send an email thanking them for the opportunity of doing placement at their centre and tell them that you're looking forward to it... Just a nice note before you start....

Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina