Work Placement Enquiry

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Kellyt

Work Placement Enquiry

Post by Kellyt » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Not sure where I should post this topic, but since I intend to do my Diploma, I thought to post it here.

Does anyone know of any child care centres around South East of Melbourne that operates on Saturdays?

I really hope to start my Diploma this year, but I do not have time in the weekdays for the work placement. Mondays are for sending LO to Montessori activities to prep her for Montessori Pre-kindy next year, and as for Tuesday to Friday, I'm operating my family day care. So basically, I will only be able to do work placement once a week for 30 weeks to complete my hours and I hope to do so on the Saturdays.

Thanks in advance

Lorina

Re: Work Placement Enquiry

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:18 pm

Since you are working as a family day care educator and you most probably do what is required for work placement tasks, can't you get someone from your scheme to sign off on your work placement? Or are you able to request that someone from your study institute come out and mark you off as they observe you. I just don't think it's necessary for you to go out and do work placement when you are already working in the field as a family day care educator...

:geek:,
L.A

Kellyt

Post by Kellyt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Thanks for your advice. I shall try to ask the school and see if they are able to do that.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:13 am

No worries!

Hopefully you should be able to do it so it makes it easier for you...

:geek:,
L.A