Starting Work Placement

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Mia

Starting Work Placement

Post by Mia » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:47 am

Hi everyone,

I'm just about to finish my last off the job assignment and ready to start work placement. However I have many concerns and lack of information how to do this. I received the work placement procedure manual but still has some questions. Shall i just walk into any childcare centre and ask if i can do my wp there? Anyone can recommend the one you went to and was really helpful? (in Sydney) When can i get my work placement assignments, do i need to call in to send me a work placement record book? Is it a free volunteer work, means am i not going to get paid? Can anyone help me

Thanks for anyone who can help me about this!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Starting Work Placement

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Will try and answer your questions to the best of my knowledge and from what I have seen
i not going to get paid?
- technically you do not have a qualification until your work placement passes you off as competent in all areas and that is given to your study provider so no you do not get a wage while doing your placements.
When can i get my work placement assignments, do i need to call in to send me a work placement record book?
- your study provider should give you whatever paperwork you need to hand to the Director of the centre where you do your work placement, if you do not have anything call your study provider and ask them.
Anyone can recommend the one you went to and was really helpful? (in Sydney)
- Im not in Sydney so cant help you find somewhere but I am sure plenty of others here can.
Shall i just walk into any childcare centre and ask if i can do my wp there?
- unless your study provider says you must do it at X Y Z centre yes, pretty much just call or go to centres and see if they will allow you to do your work placement with them.
Hope this helps a bit