Practical Hours

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Practical Hours

Post by Macoola » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:57 pm

I am currently doing my diplom by correspondence while living overseas I will be moving back to Australia in Jan 2013. My training provider has said it is fine for me to get my practical hours in aswell as do all my on the job assesments when I'm back in Aus. But I was just wondering if I wanted to get a job when I came back could I complete my diploma while working or would I have to do all my on the job assignment and practical hours being a volunteer??

Thanks Macoola

Lorina

Re: Practical Hours

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi Macoola,

Where in this world are you currently living (if you don't mind me asking)?..LOL

Normally when doing practical placement for your diploma it is basically volunteer work and you will not be paid. Even though you won't be paid I think it will probably be easier for you to do it this way, rather than find a job then complete your diploma. In my opinion realistically speaking when you look for a job you still aren't diploma qualified until you complete your diploma. So if you want a better position and higher wages such as being a room leader get the diploma completed first. When you come back to Australia get your self into a recruitment agency where you will be able to do some casual work at different childcare centres. This way you can still work casually on the days that your aren't doing your practical placement.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Practical Hours

Post by Macoola » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Thanks heaps for the advice L.A I am currently living in Chiang Mai in the north of thailand and no I am not Thai and have no Thai in me as many people ask, I am just here doing some voluntary work I have done it from here before!! Yeah I tend to agree I don't want too much responsability from a centre while I am sill trying to finsh off by diploma!

Thanks again Macoola:)