Placement Hours Within A Centre

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Cataram

Placement Hours Within A Centre

Post by Cataram » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi,

I am doing my diploma in early education and care.

What I know is I need to do 240 hours of placement but I dont know how much with babies, preschool and school children.

My agency told it is enough to do with babies(2 years and less) and preschool(2 to 5 1/2 years) children.

SO PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.

Thank you.

Lorina

Re: Placement Hours Within A Centre

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:06 pm

I think it depends on each course provider...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Have you confirmed this information with your course provider?

You should also send an email to them so you got it in writing as well!

Lorina

Cataram

Post by Cataram » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Thanks for reply lorina.

Actually my tutor has changed, previous tutor told it is fine to do with 1 baby(2 years and less) but new tutor is telling we need to do with 3 babies.
And we dint got anything written or email from old tutor regarding this.All of class is in big problem because of this.

I have already finished my placement and submitted my few work placement assessment to old tutor and need to submit few to new tutor(I was carrying and dint got time to submit).

Now I got few weeks old baby and mine is a c-section and i am breast feeding. Since my old tutor visited twice my placement center and she accepted my time sheet, workplacement assessment (but not sure she submitted to the institute) in september last week, I thought every thing is fine and I dont need to worry regarding placement.

What If my new tutor wants me to go to few hours of placement??
Can I take my baby to FDC/LDC during my placement??? Is it legal??
Is it is my institute responsibility to take my situation into consideration as they were not taking any feedback/communication from us in 10 months of our course ???
When should our institute have told us about placement hours for each age group??
What options do I have??

I AM REALLY WORRIED AS THEY ARE NO ONE TO TAKE CARE OF MY BABY AND MORE OVER I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HER .

Thank you.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:54 pm

First congratulations on your little bub! Hope you're enjoying motherhood! At this stage try not to worry about work placement. Your main responsibility is to take care of your little one and to recover from your C-section. Give yourself a few more weeks until you worry about work placement then once you are feeling better, you can deal with your institute...

BTW - You can't take your baby to work placement unless you put them in the centre and pay and second of all I don't think it's a good idea to take the baby outside for the first 3 months...

It's going to be alright!

Lorina

Cataram

Post by Cataram » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks for you reply lorina.

Actually, they are chances of me to relocate to other state in march/april with family for a year.

SO NOT SURE WHEN I AM COMING BACK.

That is the reason I am really worried.

Please help me through the following questions.

Do I have any legal rights to take action on my institute for not following my tutor performance and giving us trouble at end??

I have got my placement agreement form, In which they have stated only 240 hours and 2 visits, no age group is specified.

So, where does the information about age group should be provided??? During agreement in first class???

my old tutor nor new tutor till know haven't given any written or email regarding age group and my course gonna finish on december 10.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Have you contacted them to find out?

Since you have a contract then it shouldn't be an issue if it doesn't specify the age group...

I think you should contact them to find out then you can take further action once you find out what exactly is happening...

Lorina