CHCECE001 Sensitive practice cluster

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Neillie

CHCECE001 Sensitive practice cluster

Post by Neillie » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:08 pm

I need some help with these 2 experience plans I'm struggling to come up with some ideas on what types of things i could do for my sensitive practice cluster (included in the cluster are develop cultural competence, work in partnerships with families to provide education and care to children, promote Aboriginal & Torres Strait islander cultural safety).

Experience Plan 1
Broaden children’s understanding of diversity including provoking respect for different languages.

Experience Plan 2
Support a group of children learn about different cultural events, customs and beliefs that are shared by children and families in the service.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE001 Sensitive practice cluster

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:58 pm

You could do something like ask children if they speak another language at home - find the country on a map and show children the country the language comes from - then you can ask the child to teach how to say hello in that language. You could also create a banner saying hello in different languages, adding children's photos, the country etc.

:geek:,
Lorina