Ratios for Excursions/Travelling in EC

Educator to child ratios, ratios within a service, ratios with different ages etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
RosiP

Ratios for Excursions/Travelling in EC

Post by RosiP » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: module 5 travelling safely with children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Ensure the health and safety of children cert3

Hi all
I am studying externally (country student) have been doing placement at community childcare center that has now closed permanently
My problem is I have the above assignment due and no access to placement for another 2 weeks when I start my new placement.
Would love some advice if anyone can help. I am trying to complete questions on staff ratios for long day child care and staff ratios when travelling/excursions. I am in SA and have had no luck finding anything online have been looking for a few days now. Have no access to support at RTO (a whole other story)

Please if anyone can help or guide me in right direction
Thanks in advance
RosiP

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have found some ratios of 1:4 in babies to 24 months, 1:5 in children 24 months and less than 36 months and 1:11 in children 36 months and up.
I have not been able to find anything on qualified to non qualified staff or travelling ratios. I am so stuck and my assignment is due

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Ensure the health and safety of children

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:36 am

You should be able to find the information in the National Regulations. I'm adding it as an attachment.

[attachment=0]NAtional_Regulations.pdf[/attachment]
:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.