Working As A Trainee - Problems Within The Centre

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
samyoyo

Working As A Trainee - Problems Within The Centre

Post by samyoyo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi, I am currently working as a trainee in a child care centre. Recently I have concern about should I quit the job as the centre management is not good and not well organise. For examples:

1. 15 mins break time - Because of under staff in the afternoon, for whoever start working 9am will have to take the break at 9.30am.

2. The job duty is not pre-organise all on the director ad-hoc decision.

3. No specific room leader in each room. We just have a room leader for all rooms.

4. The director will shout or blame at staff with no proper discussion.

5. Didnt give the offer letter to staff.

Thanks!
Last edited by Lorina on Fri May 03, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited, topic moved from Career In Childcare forum

Lorina

Re: Working As A Trainee - Problems Within The Centre

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Samyoyo,

Honestly speaking the concerns you have with the childcare centre you’re currently working is unfortunately fairly common. I think for certain that most childcare professionals deal with these issues on a daily basis. If it’s not the issues you have raised it’s the lack of resources or equipment available or personality clashes between staff.

I’m glad to see that even though you’re a trainee you are concerned and know that this isn’t how a childcare centre should run. If you’re feeling uncomfortable and don’t enjoy working there by all means stop wasting your time and leave. BUT you’re in the middle of your traineeship and I’m not sure what repercussions that will have.

How long have you got left?

:geek:,
L.A

samyoyo

Post by samyoyo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi L.A,

Thanks for your advice. Actually I just started working with the centre 3 months ago and just completed the first assessment. I am also worried about the repercussion that might have if I were to leave the centre before completing it. Is there a way I can get more information about?

Thank you!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Even though centre management is crap are you able to talk to Higher Management/Centre Owner? A friend of mine was having problems at the centre where she was working and she ended up calling DOCS. They came down and breached the centre on a lot of stuff. In the end, centre management got a real kick up the (you know where) and things were better…

:geek:,
L.A