HOW TO BECOME ECT AND KINDY TEACHER

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ENKATIE
Participator
Participator

HOW TO BECOME ECT AND KINDY TEACHER

Post by ENKATIE » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:23 am

Hi Lorina,
I have started working as a casual assistant educator and working towards my cert 3 .
I wanted to know career progression also wnat to know how to become ECT qualified
is it same as a kindy teacher or different - what i need to do to become a kindy teacher .
by being ECT qualified can i apply to kindy's as well or as a primary school teacher
or do i need to do bachelors in early childhood.

bit confused please help want to decide for further studies as well.
thanks

Lorina

Re: HOW TO BECOME ECT AND KINDY TEACHER

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:32 pm

You will need to complete a bachelor degree in early childhood education if you do ultimately want to become an ECT. ECT's teach preschoolers (before formal schooling begins).

If you want to become a Kindergarten Teacher in a primary school, you can still do a bachelor of early childhood education (0-8 years) and this will enable you to work with children in primary school up-to 8 years old.

:geek:,
Lorina

ENKATIE
Participator
Participator

Post by ENKATIE » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:15 am

THANKS LORINA CAN YOU KINDLY SUGGEST WHICH PATHWAY IS BETTER FINISHING DIPLOMA AND THE GOING FOR DEGREE OR STRAINGHT GOING FOR DEGREE .
CAN JUST ADIPLOMA HOLDER BE CENTRE DIRECTOR OF CHILDCARE CENTRE AS WELL

Magdaled

Post by Magdaled » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:32 pm

Yes, I think it's enough for you to get a bachelor's degree in preschool education. If you want to teach preschoolers specifically.