Undergraduate Certificate in Early Childhood Learning & Development

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Bensos
Participator
Participator

Undergraduate Certificate in Early Childhood Learning & Development

Post by Bensos » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:16 pm

HI All,

Notre Dame are now running an Undergraduate Certificate in Early Childhood Learning and Development course online. Has anyone heard of this before? Thoughts on its value?

I cant find anyone else who does it but know that UNdergrad Certificates are usually a pathway to a batchelors.

Thanks

oceaneyes96

Re: Undergraduate Certificate in Early Childhood Learning & Development

Post by oceaneyes96 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:04 pm

Hi Bensos,

I am about to do the Undergraduate Certificate you have been talking about! A full-priced Undergraduate Certificate is about $8,000 but with Note Dame's one, it is just under $2,000 which I feel is very affordable. I have done an Undergraduate Certificate before, majoring in Inclusion Support. It was just over $1,000 so it depends on which University you go with. I feel it is value for money because an Undergraduate Certificate in most cases leads to credit for a Bachelor's in Education, but you will need to check with the individual University.

I already have a Diploma in Early Childhood Education, but did not want to jump straight into the Bachelor, so I studied for one Undergraduate Certificate and now I am doing another. It is a good way if you want to strengthen your theory and knowledge of Early Childhood Education without having to do a degree. Plus, it is accredited learning because you are doing University units at the level of a Diploma, so it is manageable.

Hope this helps! :)

Oceaneyes96