CHCECE002 - Health and safety policies

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Adelaide123

CHCECE002 - Health and safety policies

Post by Adelaide123 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:45 pm

Hi! I'm struggling a bit with some parts of my first cluster (been quite a few years since I've done any study, and now doing a traineeship as an older person - yikes!)

I'm not sure how to properly answer/layout the answer to this question. Obviously there are quite a few policies that relate to the health and safety of children haha.

For your assessment list all the policies your Service has that directly relate to the health and safety of the children in your care and detail the Standard they respond to.

*Should I answer like the following and then at the end have a list of all of the standards that I mentioned*

Food handling and safety policy NQS 2.1/2.1.2/7.2

Incident, injury, trauma and illness policy NQS 2.1.2/2.2.1/2.2.2

*or list them like this one*

Health and safety policy
NQS 2.2/SAFETY/Each child is respected
2.2.1/SUPERVISION/At all times, reasonable precautions and adequate supervision ensure children are protected from harm and hazard
2.2.2/INCIDENT AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT/Plans to effectively manage incidents and emergencies are developed in consultation with relevant authorities, practiced, and implemented
2.2.3/CHILD PROTECTION/Management, educators and staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities to identify and respond to every child at risk of abuse or neglect
7.1.2/MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS/Systems are in place to manage risk and enable the effective management and operation of quality service

I'm not even sure this is what they are looking for to be honest, I'm a bit lost with the last few questions I have. Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for this awesome site! I'm loving it! :sweating: :)