care programs

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
lucy_d808

care programs

Post by lucy_d808 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:17 am

CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children

Hi, I'm having trouble answering a question in my assignment. Below is the question and my answer to show my current understanding. I feel like I'm missing something or haven't answered it properly! I'd love some feedback on whether I'm on the right track :)

Sally tells you that her children have been at home with her up till now and as such have very erratic routines. She would like there to be more consistency with their routines. The four-year-old eats and sleeps when he likes. As he will need to join a group of 15 other four-year-old he will have to adapt some of his schedule to fit in with the group as the staffing and facilities do not allow for individual programs in the preschool room.

How will you negotiate and support a care program for Sally’s children?
I would negotiate and support a care program for sally’s children by having specific times for eating, breaking the day's routine up into different times to focus on a particular activity so the children can become engaged in their learning. I’d ask the children what they would like to do during the day so that I can understand the children's interests and strengths to further develop the program.

Lorina

Re: care programs

Post by Lorina » Mon May 31, 2021 3:57 pm

Yes, the kids will have to follow the centre routine however the child may not be hungry at the specific time that the centre has snacks or lunch for example. So, the children have to get use to the timings. I would go through the room routine with mum and encourage her to follow similar meal times at home so the children can get use to it. Also if the child doesn't eat during those times you may have to provide food for when he's hungry. However once he sees children sit down to eat etc. he will more likely follow suit.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina