Casual work

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
trish73
Participator
Participator

Casual work

Post by trish73 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:00 pm

Hi, I started working as a casual and I have my certificate 3 and statement of Attainment where I completed about 14 units for diploma in childcare back in 2018, which I am going to see if I can complete my diploma. What pay rate will I received as a casual for my qualifications?
Also, I did my certificate 3 and most of diploma, I find that I was not been able to implement my learning in the childcare centre because I am just needed to help out, and I have been out of practice of writing observations, and how to run a room and I have never run a room.
If I got a position as part-time or full-time educator as a level 3 or 4 level, I would need to be reminded of what to do of how to run the program and or take observations and other requirements.
Once, I can implement the task than it can become second nature.
Also, since working as a casual in different centres, I noticed all centres run their programs differently.
I just find when I am out of practice than I just lose information from past studies
Kind regards
Trish

Lorina

Re: Casual work

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:13 am

Since you have completed your cert 3 qualification, you will be paid as a cert 3 qualified educator, until you have completed your Diploma qualification.

When you complete your Diploma Qualification, you will also need to complete work placement. During work placement, you will gain hands on experience in writing obs and programs and these will also be part of your modules as well.

In regards to programming and documentation, it is all up for interpretation based on the approved frameworks. How a service implements them varies drastically based on the understanding, the knowledge, the experience of Educators as well as the service. It is not a one size fits all approach... as long as you are showing the ongoing cycle of planning then you're on the right track!

:geek:,
Lorina

trish73
Participator
Participator

Post by trish73 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:27 pm

Thanks Lorna for taking the time to answer my questions, really appreciate it. 🙂

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:20 am

You're welcome!

Ask away! Here to help!

Lorina

Idrees

Post by Idrees » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:53 am

Helo Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:13 am

Hi! :wave:

Lorina

GeorgeThomas324

Post by GeorgeThomas324 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:14 pm

This is very interesting thing to discuss and most of them don't know about it.