Cert 3 trainee... haven’t actually started studying!

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Br00k3

Cert 3 trainee... haven’t actually started studying!

Post by Br00k3 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:38 am

Hi all!

I’ve been at my new job for about a month and a bit now, and I haven’t been signed up for my cert 3 course yet. My boss has told me that legally I shouldn’t be working until I’ve been signed up and have started studying.
She said that she has been in contact with apprenticeship Australia and they will send some forms to fill out next week... what are the chances of me starting the course this year?
Should I offer to go back to my old job (that I’m still doing on weekends) until my traineeship has be approved? That way she won’t have to worry about being fined?

Lorina

Re: Cert 3 trainee... haven’t actually started studying!

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:51 am

Yeah that's pretty silly of your boss... There could be a delay due to COVID etc. However, you shouldn't be working because that still be illegal. I would wait until you receive the forms and sort it all out... then officially start working.

Have a chat with your boss and see what she suggests.

:geek:,
Lorina