i need an advice on GoodStart interview

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
amas

i need an advice on GoodStart interview

Post by amas » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi there, I have an interview with a Goodstart centre next week. Does anyone with for Goodstart currently and Please give me some advice what questions they will be asking and procedure of interview will be? I have failed an interview before (not Goodstart), I really need a job (just completed Cert III and no experience). Appreicated for any advice.

Lorina

Re: i need an advice on GoodStart interview

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi Amas,

Have a read through the "Related Topics" below this post and you can find some examples of interview questions that have been asked. Please note that all centres are different and what questions they will be asking will differ. Just try and relax and be confident and always smile! Good Luck!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

MADIHA

Post by MADIHA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Amas,

Hope you are well.

I saw you post, just wondering did you get a job at Goodstart?? let me know, if you still need advise, as i have previously worked for them

Cheers
madi

jsmd

Post by jsmd » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:52 pm

i am going for a interview with good start next week would you be able to help me out with what they ask and i was told i would have to sit a test of some sort do you know what type of test , many thanks

saz_123

Post by saz_123 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi jsmd,

I currently work at a goodstart centre and the test they give during the interview is just a language and literacy test. It has some small math questions and just tests your ability to read and communicate writing. Fairly straight forward and simple. You should have no dramas.
As for the questions, they will ask you about your experience, why you like to work in education, how you keep a room clean and safe (hygiene) and how you deal with conflicts and distressed children.

I hope this helps and good luck :)

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

I think the basic literacy and numeracy tests should be compulsory- an excellent idea! i would also think writing a simple observation, learning story and explanantion of the EYLF should be part of any interview. Documentation and communication are key in this industry!

Shivi224

Study needed to work as educator in goodstart..

Post by Shivi224 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:25 am

Hope you are well,

I just need some advice what qualification is needed to work as educator in goodstart. Is it just certificate 111 in child care?

Cheers
Shavy

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Hi Shavy,

It depends on the position you are applying for.

For an assistant Educator, a cert 3 qualification is sufficient.

For a room leader, a Diploma qualification is needed.

:geek:,
Lorina

sarj

I need an advice on GoodStart interview

Post by sarj » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Diploma qualified in ECEC and after submitting a lot of resumes to numerous centres, I finally received a reply from a Goodstart Early Learning Centre asking me to attend for one of their assessment centres for a written test & an oral interview. I'm a bit nervous though.
Is there anyone who can advise me on how to face this interview.
I really appreciate if anyone can let me know what type of questions they give for the written test and also for the oral interview.

Thank you in advance.
Sarj

sarj

Post by sarj » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 pm

Thank you very much, Lorina.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:36 pm

You're welcome!

Best of luck during your interview!!

:geek:,
Lorina

Gersus

Post by Gersus » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi everyone!

After looking within this forum and applying to a couple of centres, I finally managed to get an interview for an ECT with Goodstart! Thanks for all the help.

Also, I was wondering if those who had the last interview at the centre can give me an idea on how was the interview process? Was there perhaps a question that was difficult to answer?

In addition, I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips in case I am asked a question that I cannot answer or struggle with? I want to impress them based on the experiences I had during my placements but if they ask me something I have not faced, I am not sure how to proceed and I do not want to lie about something I have not done.

Apologies if this questions have been asked already but I am a bit nervous haha. My experience during interviews is limited to my other field of study so I want to know as much as I can about this kind of interviews. I am sure it's gonna be an interesting experience!

Oh and finally, thanks to Lorina for all her help on this forum! Your help has allowed me to go from struggling with bad placement experiences and almost giving up to graduating and finally securing an interview! Thanks