Supporting Breast Feeding While In Care

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ljackson

Supporting Breast Feeding While In Care

Post by ljackson » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi,
I typed up a question before with my answer but it seems to have disappeared, so here it is again
Consider a mother who wants to continue breastfeeding her baby whilst attending your child care service
Suggest 3 ways you can support the mother breastfeeding her baby whilst attending your child care service
1. Provide a comfortable and private place at the centre for the mother to either feed or express
2. Let the family know that the centre is supportive of breastfeeding
3. Ensure the centre has procedures in place for storing and handling breast milk and feeding breastfed infants.

Lorina

Re: Supporting Breast Feeding While In Care

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:19 pm

Yes, those are good strategies! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina

JasonMcMilan

Post by JasonMcMilan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm

try to feed your baby with baby food

JonathanGill

Post by JonathanGill » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Yes, this is very important for a nursing mother. Sometimes there is no place to feed the child and you have to do it right on the street!

AndreaBlake65Opb

Post by AndreaBlake65Opb » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 am

I totally agree with you! Breastfeeding is great but just till the right time and age...

RutherfordidH

Post by RutherfordidH » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:08 am

Let me tell you my story. My son is allergic to almost all types of infant formula, so I had to breastfeed him for a while, Yes, on the road, in cafes and so on, I couldn't leave him without food... I never buy unverified food for my child, and he was also allergic to all these brands. I really like baby food holle pre, it's the only one he can eat. It is balanced, and the child likes it. And this is the most important thing. So I'm not ready to switch to a different diet yet, but I'd really like to read about it. More than that. I only use a store for buying food, because I know the quality is great and the prices are really amazing!
thanks
Last edited by RutherfordidH on Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

RutherfordidH

Post by RutherfordidH » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:08 am

Yes, this is very important for a nursing mother. Sometimes there is no place to feed the child and you have to do it right on the street!
thanks