Certificate 3 in Adelaide or Online

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
rullivarri

Certificate 3 in Adelaide or Online

Post by rullivarri » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi all,

I decided to do a career change and applied to a few places to complete a traineeship. I got an offer, everything was ready to go, however, it fell through due to my visa status (I am on a bridging visa, applied to PR about a year and a half ago), as I do not qualify for any government subsidy.

So I decided to study a Cert III while I wait for my visa, so I can have an entry-level qualification, and then complete my diploma with more affordable rates.

Any recommendations on an RTO to complete my Cert III? I am a dad of 2, who works almost full time so I was thinking to go either with an online provider or a blended delivery mode. I am based in Adelaide. I have looked at ACCCO, Australian College and Enable, can anyone give me some feedback from these places please (:?

Thank you very much!

Lorina

Re: Certificate 3 in Adelaide or Online

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:39 am

Sorry, I don't have experience with those providers, I'm in Sydney...

Have you looked into TAFE?

:geek:,
Lorina

rullivarri

Post by rullivarri » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:54 pm

Hi Lorina!

Thanks for your reply! Yeah, I did, but I applied after the closing date. I saw that Qld Tafe offers the course online and it is also within my possibilities.

How important is the provider for a Certificate III? Do you believe is it crucial at the time of look for a job?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:25 am

Hey! :wave:

I would recommend going through TAFE, just because they are extremely reputable and known throughout Australia. If it's possible to go through TAFE Qld, I would go for it.

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:30 am

Also, just wanted to add, in the future if you are thinking of doing the Diploma qualification, I would recommend you go straight to the Diploma since it has the cert 3 embedded into it already. Once you have finished the cert 3 components on the Diploma you will be a qualified cert 3 educator until you complete the diploma then you will be diploma qualified.

Just another option to consider.

Lorina