CHCECE025 embed sustainable practices in service operations

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
deembk

CHCECE025 embed sustainable practices in service operations

Post by deembk » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi Lorina,
I am doing diploma and got stuck with this question. could you pls give me some resources, I googled and could not find any where to find it.
Question 3. The community can provide a wealth of knowledge, skills and values about sustainable practices. Discuss one reason why it is important to use this information from the community in a service.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

deembk

Re: CHCECE025 embed sustainable practices in service operations

Post by deembk » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:03 am

Hi Lorina, this is my answer so far, i'm not sure it is correct or relevant to the questions. please give me some advice, thank you.

The information from the community is personal, as each person has different skills and knowledge, and they know from personal experience about sustainable practices which contribute to the childcare centre, local community and school. They are also important as it helps people acknowledge and value sustainability, and help make the environment have cleaner air, reduce landfill, (plastic bags and bottles), conserve water, protect and conserve wild life and natural habitat and reduce toxic waste. The information from the community is also typically up to date and accurate reflect current solution to problems that people similar to us face. It also helps reduce the cost of energy usage( solar panel) as well as helping students and children understand and respect the environment, and encourage us to use all types of resources in an efficient way, for example, in a rain water tank, we collect the water from rain to water plants, and recycle paper. We can use bark mulch around the trees and garden, to reduce the water needs and also as organic fertilizer. The information from community boosts the educators’ insight into environmental sustainability and makes them feel more confident to demonstrate to children in childcare. It also helps make human needs and natural resources balanced in terms of the environmental, society and economical impacts as well as the teaching the importance of fairness and equity.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Great! Detailed and informative!

:geek:,
Lorina

deembk

Post by deembk » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:24 am

thanks