Difficulty in finding a traineeship

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
yemi panthan

Difficulty in finding a traineeship

Post by yemi panthan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Hello Members,
This is my first post. I need your honest opinions. I have 2 queries

1. I am searching for traineeship jobs in childcare, however all the centers that I have came across are either asking for PR or looking for school leaver since adult pay rate is higher than them. I am currently on spouse visa, my spouse is Australian Citizen and my PR visa is in process. It will still take at least 1 to 1.5 years before I will get my PR. Is there a way to enter into the childcare job market in my position?

2. To study Cert 3 of my own TAFE is asking for full fees since I am not eligible for government subsidy. And those insitute which are cheaper online only they ask candidates to look for placement jobs themselves. I have also tried calling some childcares locally to see if they will be willing to take me as a placement childcare employee but they all are fully booked with TAFE Students. Can someone please enlighten me how to look for placement job in case if I have to do Cert 3 from my pocket?

Thanks in Advance :)

Lorina

Re: Difficulty in finding a traineeship

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi!

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

1. It may be a requirement to have a PR to complete the traineeship that's why you haven't been able to find a job as yet.

2. I would recommend completing the Cert 3 yourself however as you have mentioned you will need to pay for it. You're right, you will not receive any government support until you receive your PR. It is difficult to find work placement, you will need to ring and book in advance for some services. It is possible to find, however it may be difficult because of the TAFE students. Try contacting smaller centres, typically the bigger chain centres the work placement students get there first.

Another option is, if you don't want to pay for your Cert 3 and you still have another year a half to wait for your PR, maybe try and get a job somewhere else related to children - then once you get your PR you can try again for a traineeship... unless your willing to spend the money...

A lot to think about...

Let me know if you have any further questions.

:geek:,
Lorina