Ive put myself in an unsal position

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Bensos
Participator
Participator

Ive put myself in an unsal position

Post by Bensos » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:04 pm

I work for G8 as an edcator, i am cert 3 on a fast track diploma course - approx 6 months til i qualify.

I have applied for an assistant manager role. G8 are very clear on the qalifications issue (diploma reqired) but i have extensive management experience outside of the childcare industry. (multi million pound projects, managing a team of 60 graduate students, metoring high scool students & leading a team of staff)

I know that the manager has approached one member of staff in person to apply for the role, and the regional manager saw my CV and covering letter and then approached another member of staff. I've been clear that i know my chances are low because of my qualifications but i think i may have psyched myself out a bit.

I want the job, know i can do it, but knowing that my cv etc has been seen and then others explicity approached and told to apply - i feel really demotivated about the interview - which is next week.

Any pointers or tips to be more positive? Im struggling with interview prep :-(

Lorina

Re: Ive put myself in an unsal position

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:21 pm

You do have the experience so that's a good starting point! Even though you may not have your Diploma at this stage your experience will help you, as you can clearly show your management experience. In regards to managers approaching other Educators, don't worry about it they are possibly given everyone a bit of a chance to come forward and try for the position as well.

During the interview - talk about the management experiences you have had and your tasks/responsibilities etc. because that could put you over the edge from the others.

I think you'll be fine!

:geek:,
Lorina

Bensos
Participator
Participator

Post by Bensos » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:31 pm

Thanks Lorina! Ive done some refresher prep on the EYLF and NQS this weekend so its fresh in my head. Fingers crossed im ready :-)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:52 pm

That's awesome! Good Luck!

Let me know how it goes!

:geek:,
Lorina