Relief worker while doing Cert III

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
grtz

Relief worker while doing Cert III

Post by grtz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:49 am

Hi All, I am doing my Cert iii in Tafe through flexi mode, I need to do 160 hours of work placement . I will be starting my work placement next week. Meanwhile I saw in a centre's website that they are looking for Relief Assistant. they are calling for those studying towards Cert III / Diploma as well.

My question is, can i apply for the post, ? i am about to start my work placement in another centre, can i ask my instructor to cancel that work placement and try in this centre, so confused. please help me. I am from India, this is my first job experience in Australia, So don't get the clear idea.

thanks

Lorina

Re: Relief worker while doing Cert III

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi!

Welcome to the industry! :wave:

Doing work placement, involves you getting hands-on experience to complete tasks and assignments that are needed for your qualification. When doing relief work you will be paid as an educator to work at the centre so you may not have time to complete tasks or assignments since you will be a paid employee. However, you can discuss this with the Director and work out a more suitable time to arrange the completion of assignments for work placement...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:39 pm

I would recommend contacting your course provider beforehand and discussing whether or not you will be able to complete your assignments while working... Also, you can go for the interview but I will not recommend cancelling work placement in case you do not get the position then it leaves you in a bad situation... So for now apply and see what happens...

Lorina

grtz

Post by grtz » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Thanks a lot Lorina, I decided to complete my work placement and get the certificate so that I will have various options in my hand. starting my work placement this week. fingers crossed.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Good decision! Also, it will give you a chance to see centre is run, how the staff manage, how the children learn etc.

Enjoy!

Lorina