CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jazzybec

CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people

Post by jazzybec » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Hello, I am almost finished my diploma and just have half of this module left, I am really struggling with the following questions and any input/answers/resources would be very appreciated. TIA
•Discuss the impact of social and cultural diversity where difficulties or misunderstandings occur.
•How cultural awareness, cultural safety and cultural competence impact different work roles?
•How do different cultures and the community attitudes impact on different people and groups?
•Discuss 4 features of diversity in Australia and how they impact on different areas of work and life?
•How does anti-discrimination legislation impact the way you would work and what are the consequences of breaching this legislation?
•What are human rights? Discuss this in relation to the universal declaration of human rights and your workplace or community sector.
•What rights and responsibilities do you and your clients have if your human rights are being infringed?
•What are the potential needs of marginalised groups, including
a) The protective factors
b) The physical, mental and emotional health issues/care needs
•How can an organisation be supported to respond to diversity?
•What are the influences and changing practices in Australia that impact on the diverse communities that make up Australian society?
•What western systems and structures impact Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and their engagement with services?
•What is the impact of diversity practices and experience on others?
•What is the relationship between human needs and human rights?
•Discuss three things that an organisations commitment to creating a working environment that values the diversity of people will include.
•What are the key valuing diversity behaviours? List four

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE help .. any input appreciated!!

Lorina

Re: CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Here is some info that may help:

Working With CALD People

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Human Rights

Hope these get you started!

:geek:,
Lorina

Meganjanes

Post by Meganjanes » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Where could i find the needs for marginalised groups physical,mental,emtional needs?

tarakennett

Post by tarakennett » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:43 pm

hi can someone please help with question 1, the concepts of cultural awareness, cultural safety and cultural competence are important in the context of a diverse workplace, explain what these concepts are and how they impact on the different work roles across the community service sector. please help

priyadev
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by priyadev » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Hey am struggling with this one question if any help please.
What are the key aspects of diversity and their characteristics, including aboriginal and torrres islander.
Consider race, culture ethnicity disability religion spritual beliefs gender intersex generational sexual orientation social political and economical issues. Please help i am so stuck. I have answered a little dnt know if right.

Everybody has the right to exercise their diversity in their own way, diversity can be catogorised in many ways( as stated above), at any circumstance eveeybody has right to be who they are and what they believe in, for e.g. if at work and their religion or culture believes in not touching meat or performing certain studies, that should be respected and taken into consideration. No form of sterotyping, racism, sexism, abuse , should be created. For instance the aboriginal torress islanders belive in strong cultural traditions, which ahould be respected be able to carry them out gracefully.