Using Premium Templates With Windows 10

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jackie69

Using Premium Templates With Windows 10

Post by jackie69 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi im having trouble using these templates on my laptop. Could it be because im using windows 10? Is anyone else having problems? Thanks in advance Jackie

Lorina

Re: Using Premium Templates With Windows 10

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:00 am

Hi Jackie,

I have a Surface Book that uses Windows 10 so the issue you are facing isn't related...

With the templates, the trouble you are facing usually happens when the pdf file is opened through the browser which will have limited functionality. For example, the browser will open the template fine but will not have the functionality like adding photos, nothing happens when clicking the finalise button, etc. To resolve this is simple when you download the template you have to open the pdf file through Adobe Reader directly and not through the browser. I will give you a link here where I have given the steps on how to download and open the templates through Adobe Reader program. Once you open directly via Adobe Reader, the pdf template will be editable and all its features like inserting photos, etc.. will be available for you to use. Here is the link:

Adding Photos To Templates

If you are using Windows 10 and the latest Adobe Reader version, here is a summary of the methods I had given in the above link:

a) Minimize your browser after downloading the file. Do not open the file yet.

b) Next open Adobe Reader program from your computer by pressing start (or windows) button and type 'Adobe Reader'. Click on the Adobe Reader program in the list to launch that in your desktop.

c) In Adobe Reader, select Home -> 'My Computer' under Storage -> Browse and select the filename of the template you just downloaded. Usually you can find it in Download folder unless you moved it to Desktop or somewhere else when you downloaded the file.

This will now open the pdf template directly through Adobe Reader program which has all functionalities and the template will work perfectly.

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you need further help!

:geek:,
Lorina

lizpennings12

Post by lizpennings12 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:06 am

I have the problem that i can open the template the 1st time and add everything to it, but once i save and close i cant reopen it. i know i cant once i finalize the page, but this before that? are you only able to open template once?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi,

The template should reopen without any issue even after finalising it. Since you have mentioned the problem only happens when you re-open it, I suspect it may be due to the default pdf opener or the way the pdf file is opened when you open it. If you have the latest version of Adobe Reader in your Windows laptop / desktop, please follow these steps when you open the template again and this should resolve your trouble:

a) Launch Adobe Reader program from your computer by pressing start (or windows) button and type 'Adobe Reader'. Click on the Adobe Reader program in the list to launch that in your desktop.

b) In Adobe Reader, select Home -> 'My Computer' under Storage -> Browse and select the filename of the template you had saved. Usually you can find it in Download folder unless you saved it to Desktop or somewhere else when you last saved that file.

This will now open the pdf template directly through Adobe Reader program and it should work properly.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Lorina