CHCPRT001 - Scenario: Eden - Breaking the Computer

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Tyneeka_jade

CHCPRT001 - Scenario: Eden - Breaking the Computer

Post by Tyneeka_jade » Tue May 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Scenario 1
Eden is a four year old boy who attends your service five days a week.
His mother has just dropped him off at the service and left very quickly. He is standing, motionless and pale.
You go over to him and see that he has cut just above the hairline which is bleeding. He also has bruises on both arms. You say: "What's up Eden?" Eden says: "Daddy hates me because I was naughty. I broke the computer and he pushed me down the stairs and my head got sore. Then he and mummy got really cross and mummy brought me here."

question: Identify some of the ethical issues that may arise when responding to this scenarios.
please help!

Lorina

Re: CHCPRT001 - Scenario: Eden - Breaking the Computer

Post by Lorina » Wed May 11, 2016 10:01 am

The ethical issue is that he had broke the computer and his father was punishing him for breaking the computer. Whether or not he meant to push Eden down the stairs is also questionable... It could of been an accident of Eden falling down the stairs...

:geek:,
Lorina

Nehab

Post by Nehab » Mon May 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi can u help
Scenario 1
Eden is a four year old boy who attends your service five days a week.
His mother has just dropped him off at the service and left very quickly. He is standing, motionless and pale.
You go over to him and see that he has cut just above the hairline which is bleeding. He also has bruises on both arms. You say: "What's up Eden?" Eden says: "Daddy hates me because I was naughty. I broke the computer and he pushed me down the stairs and my head got sore. Then he and mummy got really cross and mummy brought me here."

c) What policies would you refer to that would assist in deciding your course of action?
f) How would you respond to Eden in the days following this situation?

can u help me with this

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 15, 2017 1:50 pm

This has to do with Child Abuse...

:geek:,
Lorina

Nehab

Post by Nehab » Mon May 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks lorina :thumbup:

Lorina